You are not logged in.

#1 2021-07-10 07:27:03

HC13 Aries Styles

AEW setting the standard with Fans at live shows

So for weeks since before Double or Nothing  and at AEW Dynamite tapings, AEW been having fans back at live shows...
I believe with this first road show in Miami it may set a standard for upcoming live shows in AEW, and other companies as they return to touring....   What do you think???

#2 2021-07-10 15:06:22

Shadow409

Re: AEW setting the standard with Fans at live shows

How so? The most memorable thing was Black debuting, aside from that nothing really special happened. There was a lot of talking and a very awkward promo from some MMA guy that most (probably) don't know. The matches were good, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't that spectacular. So as far as AEW "setting the standard" for live shows with fans going forward, Nope. There are a ton of names way bigger than Black (no offense to him, because I love M. Black) expected to return in the coming weeks. D. Bryan, John Cena, Becky Lynch, Brock Lesnar, The Rock (at some point). Not to mention all the released folks like Braun and Murphy. I said it before I'll say it again, there is a boom coming in the wrestling industry that we haven't seen since the 90s and some fans have never seen.

#3 2021-07-10 23:59:56

HC13 Aries Styles

Shadow409 wrote:

How so? The most memorable thing was Black debuting, aside from that nothing really special happened. There was a lot of talking and a very awkward promo from some MMA guy that most (probably) don't know. The matches were good, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't that spectacular. So as far as AEW "setting the standard" for live shows with fans going forward, Nope. There are a ton of names way bigger than Black (no offense to him, because I love M. Black) expected to return in the coming weeks. D. Bryan, John Cena, Becky Lynch, Brock Lesnar, The Rock (at some point). Not to mention all the released folks like Braun and Murphy. I said it before I'll say it again, there is a boom coming in the wrestling industry that we haven't seen since the 90s and some fans have never seen.

First of all I am talking about AEW have been doing shows with fans at them....   For one AEW have done several live-fan in attendance shows since late April thus when they was running Jacksonville they was opening up seats for fans to attend every show from Revolution to Double or Nothing to the last Daily's Place show last week...  As for the Miami (Road Ranger) show  I think  between the in ring debut of Andrade and the surprise debut of Black, and the World tag title  match that  seen the Young Bucks retaining the titles was the biggest things to happen to say....  Otherwise will also mention the MJF and Jericho showdown, which seen some idiot getting made a bigger idiot (getting arrested)  for  trying to jump in the ring, attack an wrestler....  Anyhow I think most people who follows MMA and have followed Impact and MLW and other  knows the MMA guy Dan Lambert and what he have done.....   Anyhow as for what you saying I don't know about Daniel Bryan returning anytime soon,  John Cena may or may not be back in the WWE ring this year- for surely will be back in 2022 if not at Summer Slam this year,  Becky Lynch  I will say will probably be back at Summer Slam if not sometime before...  Brock Lesnar according to reports I'm reading I don't think will take such offer as they want him to work more live events, now if they leave it to TV and PPVs I'm sure he will return....  The Rock I have seen he may be at the Survivor Series this year, don't know how true it is, but also seen he possibly running for President of the USA  in which if he does only will limit such a window of staying for a long time,  as no matter what even if he don't run  just his acting career, and same applies for Cena will hinder anything long term.... 

Anyhow back to my point that AEW having the first live fan attending shows, setting a standard for  shows.... What kinda of audience will AEW have next week???  What kind of audience will the WWE have  on their return to the road???  Other promotions what will they look like as fans return to such shows???

#4 2021-07-11 06:30:31

GoodOldPapa

This should be a good week coming up for true wrestling fans.  Raw tomorrow night, NXT Tuesday night, AEW Wednesday night, Impact Thursday night, Smackdown Friday night, Slammiversary Saturday night, Money in the Bank next Sunday night.  Going forward after Slammiversary, Impact's tapings will have fans in attendance.  The programs are just better when the fans are there.  And hopefully the fans will be appreciative and be into whatever program they attend or watch.

#5 2021-07-11 09:46:31

RyanP

HC13 Aries Styles wrote:
Shadow409 wrote:

First of all I am talking about AEW have been doing shows with fans at them....   For one AEW have done several live-fan in attendance shows since late April thus when they was running Jacksonville they was opening up seats for fans to attend every show from Revolution to Double or Nothing to the last Daily's Place show last week...  As for the Miami (Road Ranger) show  I think  between the in ring debut of Andrade and the surprise debut of Black, and the World tag title  match that  seen the Young Bucks retaining the titles was the biggest things to happen to say....  Otherwise will also mention the MJF and Jericho showdown, which seen some idiot getting made a bigger idiot (getting arrested)  for  trying to jump in the ring, attack an wrestler....  Anyhow I think most people who follows MMA and have followed Impact and MLW and other  knows the MMA guy Dan Lambert and what he have done.....   Anyhow as for what you saying I don't know about Daniel Bryan returning anytime soon,  John Cena may or may not be back in the WWE ring this year- for surely will be back in 2022 if not at Summer Slam this year,  Becky Lynch  I will say will probably be back at Summer Slam if not sometime before...  Brock Lesnar according to reports I'm reading I don't think will take such offer as they want him to work more live events, now if they leave it to TV and PPVs I'm sure he will return....  The Rock I have seen he may be at the Survivor Series this year, don't know how true it is, but also seen he possibly running for President of the USA  in which if he does only will limit such a window of staying for a long time,  as no matter what even if he don't run  just his acting career, and same applies for Cena will hinder anything long term.... 

Anyhow back to my point that AEW having the first live fan attending shows, setting a standard for  shows.... What kinda of audience will AEW have next week???  What kind of audience will the WWE have  on their return to the road???  Other promotions what will they look like as fans return to such shows???

I have a question for you. If the roles were reversed would you still say a standard is being set? What I mean is if WWE had gone back on the road first and presented a similar card to AEW’s first road show would you still say they set a standard or would you say meh just another WWE show. I’m just curious about whether your saying they set a standard because of the quality of the show or because it’s AEW or maybe a little of both which is fine because your supporting a company that’s still to an extent in its infancy. Me personally I think fans being back in attendance is going to be good for the wrestling business in general and if AEW is setting the standard then that’s good because it will force WWE to up their game.

#6 2021-07-11 15:39:29

HC13 Aries Styles

Even if the WWE would started having fans at shows  the past 2 months I would say they been setting the standard..... I will say AEW handle the pandemic better than the WWE in who was allowed to come and when they started opening  the show to fans...  IMO I thought the thunderdome was distracting..

Board footer