You are not logged in.

#1 2021-12-01 21:16:50

Rated PG Superstar

Billy Gunn should get one last run

Billy Gunn has an incredible physique, better than most of the younger guys on the roster, and he's never really been given a real push in his career. Not only that but he can go in the ring. I'd like to see a tag team title run with him and his son's using the freebird rule, not only to give him one last push that he rightfully deserves, but to establish his son's as real stars. He was a stand out in the Attitude Era that was never really given his shot in the spotlight. Maybe even give him a run as a placeholder with the TNT championship before dropping it to a fresh up and coming baby face. That's one thing they haven't done with the secondary titles is give them more prestige by giving the belt to well established superstars, much like they did with the World title with guys like Jericho and Mox. The guy looks great at his age - much better than Jericho and a lot of the older guys in more prominent positions.

Any thoughts on this?

#2 2021-12-03 12:26:20

Shadow409

Re: Billy Gunn should get one last run

Rated PG Superstar wrote:

Billy Gunn has an incredible physique, better than most of the younger guys on the roster, and he's never really been given a real push in his career. Not only that but he can go in the ring. I'd like to see a tag team title run with him and his son's using the freebird rule, not only to give him one last push that he rightfully deserves, but to establish his son's as real stars. He was a stand out in the Attitude Era that was never really given his shot in the spotlight. Maybe even give him a run as a placeholder with the TNT championship before dropping it to a fresh up and coming baby face. That's one thing they haven't done with the secondary titles is give them more prestige by giving the belt to well established superstars, much like they did with the World title with guys like Jericho and Mox. The guy looks great at his age - much better than Jericho and a lot of the older guys in more prominent positions.

Any thoughts on this?

I've always thought Billy Gunn should've been a world champion. He had/has it all; charismatic, good looking, athletic as hell, good in the ring, and pretty decent on the stick. I never really expected Mr. Ass to make it to the world championship, but once he became "The One" Billy Gunn, I figured he'd go further than he did. I'll never understand why he wasn't pushed more. I'm not sure at this stage of his career if he'll make it to the world title, but he should at least be TNT Champion before he hangs it up. My guess as far as the tag team championships go is that The Gunn Club will eventually win them, but who knows when?

Funny story, I bumped into Billy (literally) at Starrcast 2019. He was a super nice guy, but I must admit, I was a little bit star struck, mainly because I just wasn't expecting it. He was super nice guy, we exchanged hellos and went about our day, I could tell he was in a hurry so I didn't want to bug him much.

#3 2021-12-03 17:07:01

Enziguri

Shadow409 wrote:
Rated PG Superstar wrote:

Any thoughts on this?

I've always thought Billy Gunn should've been a world champion. He had/has it all; charismatic, good looking, athletic as hell, good in the ring, and pretty decent on the stick. I never really expected Mr. Ass to make it to the world championship, but once he became "The One" Billy Gunn, I figured he'd go further than he did. I'll never understand why he wasn't pushed more. I'm not sure at this stage of his career if he'll make it to the world title, but he should at least be TNT Champion before he hangs it up. My guess as far as the tag team championships go is that The Gunn Club will eventually win them, but who knows when?

Funny story, I bumped into Billy (literally) at Starrcast 2019. He was a super nice guy, but I must admit, I was a little bit star struck, mainly because I just wasn't expecting it. He was super nice guy, we exchanged hellos and went about our day, I could tell he was in a hurry so I didn't want to bug him much.

I too have met Billy Gunn and was just shocked at how God damn big that guy is.

In my opinion he is one of the most underrated performers of all time. I place him right up there with guys like Mr. Perfect, Razor Ramon, Roddy Piper and Jake Roberts for guys who should have had a World Title run but never did.

#4 2021-12-09 00:46:57

Status Tomb

It would be great to see him get some kind of push at this stage in his career, however I think he would be very grateful with the position he is in being on national TV with his two sons at his age.

Board footer