You are not logged in.

#1 2022-01-05 17:59:16

Y2JFanatic

Who is gonna be the new General Manager of NXT?

I'm actually kind of glad they got rid of William Regal as the General Manager for NXT 'cause "storywise" he's been in charge of that brand for a long time. No disrespect to Regal 'cause I highly respect him the legend that he is but It's finally time for someone new to take over as GM.

Who's it gonna be? I would like it to be Eric Bischoff 'cause it would be cool but he's so done with playing "authority figure" roles, though. He said repeatedly that he would still perform in wrestling as long as it's not some "authority figure" type.

I'm sure they'll pick somebody but I won't be surprised it could end up being Triple H 'cause it would be a good way to bring him on WWE television.

#2 2022-01-05 23:55:43

RyanP

Re: Who is gonna be the new General Manager of NXT?

Y2JFanatic wrote:

I'm actually kind of glad they got rid of William Regal as the General Manager for NXT 'cause "storywise" he's been in charge of that brand for a long time. No disrespect to Regal 'cause I highly respect him the legend that he is but It's finally time for someone new to take over as GM.

Who's it gonna be? I would like it to be Eric Bischoff 'cause it would be cool but he's so done with playing "authority figure" roles, though. He said repeatedly that he would still perform in wrestling as long as it's not some "authority figure" type.

I'm sure they'll pick somebody but I won't be surprised it could end up being Triple H 'cause it would be a good way to bring him on WWE television.

I could see them going without a GM because I don’t think NXT 2.0 needs one. The a full on GM thing is kinda a thing of the past. Yes you have Adam Pearce and Sonya Deville as authority figures on Raw and SD but they haven’t given them the title of GM. All that said if they do stick with the GM concept then I think they will try to go with someone that doesn’t have a connection to the old black and gold NXT.

#3 2022-01-06 18:04:42

Y2JFanatic

Re: Who is gonna be the new General Manager of NXT?

NXT 2.0 will go without an authority figure for a while but they'll get a new leader to run the show. The NXT rookies need to get the feeling of having a TV boss "storywise" which is why the NXT brand still uses the GM. I think they'll find a replacement real soon.

Chances are the replacement GM for NXT could end up being a different WWE legend... Ted Dibiase aka the Million Dollar Man wouldn't be a bad idea either. He'd be a cool GM too.

Last edited by Y2JFanatic (2022-01-06 18:05:33)

Board footer