You are not logged in.

#1 2020-08-11 15:15:47

HC13 Aries Styles

Tama Tonga being compared to Roman Reigns

So with the Pandemic preventing travel... New Japan is using some of their US/American base in a tournament- the USA Cup with the winner getting a shot at Jon Moxley for the  NJPW US title...
One of the competitors is Tama Tonga who fame is as tag team wrestler with brother Tanga Loa as the Guerrillas of Destiny...
I myself  have followed Tama Tonga for a while, being a founding member of the Bullet Club, multiple time New Japan World Tag team champion...  Now is talking about concentrating on his singles career....  To me a Tama Tonga vs Jon  Moxley match is a dream match only bound to happen one way or another...

With that what are y'all thoughts of Tama Tonga, what do you think of his career and his future???

#2 2020-08-12 12:03:34

cphoenix88

Re: Tama Tonga being compared to Roman Reigns

Tama Tonga in my opinion is underrated by a lot of wrestling fans. He is charismatic as hell, skill set is off the chain, and Promo skills are up there.

Would I say that Tonga vs Moxley is a Dream Match I wouldn't say that but it should be a good match none the less.

And to the point of your title Tama Tonga being compared to Roman Reigns. Only thing you can compare is the beard ( Which Tama doesn't have anymore) Tama in my opinion is what Roman wishes he could be night in and night out. himself. And that is why Tonga work and promos seem just so much more authentic than Reigns.

#3 2020-08-12 13:54:12

HC13 Aries Styles

Re: Tama Tonga being compared to Roman Reigns

cphoenix88 wrote:

Tama Tonga in my opinion is underrated by a lot of wrestling fans. He is charismatic as hell, skill set is off the chain, and Promo skills are up there.

Would I say that Tonga vs Moxley is a Dream Match I wouldn't say that but it should be a good match none the less.

And to the point of your title Tama Tonga being compared to Roman Reigns. Only thing you can compare is the beard ( Which Tama doesn't have anymore) Tama in my opinion is what Roman wishes he could be night in and night out. himself. And that is why Tonga work and promos seem just so much more authentic than Reigns.

Take consideration Roman was in a tag team- group when he debut on WWE TV.... Tama has also been in tag team - group setting..... Reigns of course chosen to have a big push by the WWE- Vince McMahon... Tama his big push so far only have been in Tag Teams and being one of the leaders of the Bullet Club... 
I think with this New Japan US title push he may get more attention to get a IWGP World Heavyweight title match later this year or even WrestleKingdom next year??

Board footer