You are not logged in.

#1 2020-10-15 12:58:22

HeelKing

What would you like to see if AEW adds another TV program?

It sounds as if it's going to be an hour long, so what type of content would you want to see on it? Personally I'd like to see some time spent on developing more of the AEW women and building some mid-card male performers.

#2 2020-10-16 08:42:13

ilyem

Re: What would you like to see if AEW adds another TV program?

I'm definitely in agreement with you that I would love for them to develop on the women's division a bit more. AEW has an issue with focusing way too much on Britt Baker, I think she's improved but she isn't the best in the division and still needs a lot of work to be worth all the hype they put into her. I would like to see a big improvement in the women's division overall, focus on building up more of the women who have the star power so the top 5 ranked aren't always the same five girls in a different rotation, I wanna see more meaningful feuds.

I would like them to focus on building more main event superstars as well, because while Mox always had a challenger, the 'monsters' they have introduced have barely gotten any wins. I am still not completely sold on Lance Archer, I like the Taz/Ricky/Cage faction. I am not against an additional belt on either the new show or Dark that can only be defended on the show its tied too and PPV's. I don't think another heavyweight title is needed but more of a midcard title so that more midcard guys can shine a bit because they have so many really awesome wrestlers and they can't always be in the rotation for world title/tnt title.

#3 2020-10-17 13:18:18

HeelKing

Yeah, while I love Britt's character, and feel she's the best developed of the women there- I'd also agree with you that they need to do more with some of the other ladies. We really know nothing about Shida aside from she's a good wrestler. Ford is amazing, but she's probably had about 5 minutes of microphone time since she debuted. Allie is underutilized. Conti has really caught fire, but she's someone else we could use a story for. Ivilesse and Diamante, same thing. I know there's only so much TV time with a 2hr show, which is why I hope they focus more on that with another program.

I'd agree with you on Archer, too. The first two weeks I felt like the pairing of him and Jake was going to be epic, and it got off to a hot start. It fell flat after he lost to Cody, though. Cage is the more credible 'monster' heel to me. I do think the main event scene is about to get a facelift, however. With the tag belts off of Omega and Page, I could see them both heading there. Moxley, Omega, Page, Jericho and MJF are a solid base there.

Where would you go with titles though, if you added one?

#4 2020-10-17 18:00:41

ilyem

I’m not as sold on Britt as other people are, I think she’s improved but to me she is the least talented wrestler of the current females but they are determined to make her work. I just hope they don’t push her to the moon and back and it ends up just being that way forever. Penelope is great, I love her and would love to see her have some separation from Kip and get into a really feud. I hope when Kris Statlander comes back she’s strapped to a rocket and shot to the moon because she is fantastic for wrestling as long as she has. They have a goldmine of charisma with Big Swole too, and I wanna know more about Shida too, her English has improved a ton too so I hope she still keeps getting built.

I thought the pairing of Jake and Archer would have been epic too but I honestly think it’s hindered Lance a little, I’m hoping it turns around but I also think it’s time to slow down on the older wrestlers as mentors thing. They are getting a little bogged down on that now.

I personally think that either Kenny or Hangman is gonna win the current tournament, I think one of them is gonna ultimately be the one to take the belt off Mox.

I would honestly do another miscard title, that way theres more got the midcard since that is the biggest part of the company. My friend and I have had conversations about a title specifically for Dark that if a champ has so many successful title defenses they could trade in to challenge for the TNT title which would be a way to debut talent from dark on to Dynamite. For the new show though I’d go a new midcard title something like how WWE has the United Stated Champ and the Intercontential Champ, but keep them actually desirable and important. Make it so the TNT title can only be defended on PPVs or Dynamite and the other one to the new show and PPVs as well. I wouldn’t mind down the line once they get better with the women’s division and actually build it up to have women’s tag titles.

#5 2020-10-19 23:52:50

HC13 Aries Styles

Hey I'm back, took a few days and weeks off of posting,  but yet reading....
Anyhow to the topic, I feel AEWs 2nd show will be what Sunday Night Heat was when it was started by the WWE, or like Impacts Xplosion or the old NWA/WCW Main Event... A Show that can showcase more mid-card  wrestlers that isn't always on Dynamite, also maybe  a place to have the TNT title defended  instead of on Dynamite... Then depending on the success of the show I could see them expanding it to two hours maybe 6 months to a year afterwards... Maybe also a place to do more in depth looks and interviews and promos....
So what I'd like to see maybe Women Tag titles, maybe a light-weight title, and maybe a Six man tag titles??

Board footer