You are not logged in.

#1 2020-11-16 13:04:17

Y2JFanatic

Undertaker is not done, someone will challenge him at "Final Farewell"

So Undertaker is set to appear at so-called "Final Farewell" at Survivor Series this Sunday. What do you think will happen? I'm sure, the "Final Farewell", will be some kind of celebration of some sorts. 'Taker will probably come out give a promo and possibly, just possibly a bunch of people from his past will come out to celebrate with him: Kane, Foley, HHH, Randy Orton, AJ Styles, Vince, etc.

Then suddenly someone interrupts his little celebration to challenge him a final match at the next Wrestlemania. It's been said repeatedly that 'Taker is not done wrestling and he's got some left in him still so I think he's got another 'mania match up ahead and this is where it could lead to.

This is just fantasy booking but imagine that Sting's music hits and he's the one to challenge 'Taker? OMG, it'll be great if that dream match actually happened. There's a lot of talk that the match could actually happen and Vince may have finally agreed to it.

Either way, I have a feeling that someone is gonna challenge 'Taker for one last match at WM. The challenger could end up being AJ Styles so they can have a more appropriate in-ring match together 'cause that would be kind of cool too, though.

If nothing happens and 'Taker is just gonna give an emotional goodbye promo so be it but yeah, someone will probably challenge him. Someone will ruin his little celebration/retirement, we'll have to wait and see.

Last edited by Y2JFanatic (2020-11-16 14:14:34)

#2 2020-11-16 19:28:01

Blazaholic

Re: Undertaker is not done, someone will challenge him at "Final Farewell"

It could happen, but I think if he has another match it needs to be theatrical at this point. Even if we have fans at this upcoming wrestlemania, a good majority of it should be theatrical out of the ring, and maybe have it blend into the ring for the last 5 minutes, otherwise it will probably just be a disappointment. Sting vs Taker in the ring for 20 minutes wouldn't be nearly as good in 2020 as it would have back in the late 2000's early 2010's, but something theatrical could be fun and make it a lot more interesting. Or even having The Undertaker's "final farewell" interrupt an AJ Styles promo. Seeing how it affected AJ when he opened that door to see an Undertaker setting in the room at MITB, it makes sense they haven't done much about how that match at Mania affected AJ since then, but Survivor Series could be a great place to pick it back up. Whether Taker puts AJ over for one final match, or Taker goes out on top again.

Really if I was going to see one more Undertaker match it would be against The Fiend. Most if not all of Bray's feuds have been about revenge, getting even with the ones who wronged him or beat him in the past. Cena, Orton, Strowman, Rollins, etc. Undertaker is just another one on his list, never getting over that defeat at Wrestlemania a few years back. WWE has been hit or miss with The Fiend since that first Firefly Funhouse got people talking. What better way to give a rub to someone on the way out and pass the torch than putting The Fiend over for one final match, Mania or not. Bray Wyatt/The Fiend getting crowned as the new Prince of Darkness as Undertaker rides off into the Sunset for good this time.

Last edited by Blazaholic (2020-11-16 19:30:32)

#3 2020-11-17 16:33:27

GoodOldPapa

Any names other than the Stinger or the Fiend just doesn't interest me.  The others feel like matches we have seen 1000 times before.

#4 2020-11-17 18:08:21

Y2JFanatic

GoodOldPapa wrote:

Any names other than the Stinger or the Fiend just doesn't interest me.  The others feel like matches we have seen 1000 times before.

Yes to this. In 100% agreement. I'd prefer that 'Taker have that dream match with Sting. Needs to happen. A match like that needs to be an in-ring match and not a cinematic one. I know how some would find that questionable 'cause of their age but I think Sting and 'Taker would put on a helluva match together. I really want that match to happen and still hoping it does. Never say never.

#5 2020-11-19 16:07:21

HC13 Aries Styles

I kinda don't see it happening, not saying he can and could take one more match at Mania, but I think without the proper star and  reason a match of this making isn't going happen....   The ship have sailed on many matches  that can and could have been, but  again a reason and build for the match....

#6 2020-11-20 19:54:12

Majin Tween
WNS Secretary
Website Twitter
XMPP:
raccoon@wrestlr.me XMPP XMPP
(offline)

The idea of having the three-decade dream match of Undertaker vs. Sting either in a cinematic match or in the ThunderDome is legitimately awful to think about. Especially with them at the ages they are.

Yeah, it's one of those things that should have happened (like The Rock vs. Shawn Michaels) but it's probably best that it never does at this point due to all the circumstances of everything at this point.

#7 2020-11-22 22:47:52

RyanP

Well it appears your prediction was wrong because nobody came out and challenged him at Final Farewell which is exactly what should have and did happen. Taker has nothing left to prove and it would hurt not help his legacy if he wrestled in another match.

Board footer