You are not logged in.

#1 2021-01-28 23:59:47

HC13 Aries Styles

The Asylum Years of Impact/TNA Wrestling

Many people like the years (2005-2010) after  the Asylum years of Impact/TNA...  Myself I thought the Asylum years  was the best, as anyone and almost everyone showed  up that wasn't tied to a contract elsewhere...  Road Warriors, Vader, Curt Henning, Scott Hall,  and the list goes on and on...   Then the Talents that was made  during the period of time Ron the Truth Killings, AJ Styles, Low Ki, Amazing Red....   Just my opinion....
What era of TNA/Impact did/do you enjoy???

#2 2021-01-29 03:39:33

Blazaholic

Re: The Asylum Years of Impact/TNA Wrestling

I watched a little before Angle showed up there, I randomly caught it one day and saw Christian and became a fan of it after that. I think it was around that same time frame, 05-06 when they were putting on great shows every week, and when Angle got there it sent it through the roof. Pretty much when Bischoff and Hogan showed up, and brought any WWE superstar that was either fired or quit to instantly make them main eventers, that's when it went downhill. For me it never really recovered because I still haven't watched it since. If they keep a relationship going with AEW this has a chance to bring them back to those glory years but I don't think anything Impact does will ever top what TNA was from 05-10

#3 2021-01-29 11:30:08

Majin Tween
Administrator
Website
XMPP:
XMPP XMPP
()

I think it's got some novelty but overall the show felt too southern and regional for it's time, at least to me. By the time they hit SpikeTV they had such a unique presentation that I was hooked, but their early days were just not my general vibe.

#4 2021-01-29 14:00:05

GoodOldPapa

I enjoyed it prior to 2010.  They seemed to be headed in the right direction and had their core group of people in place, but after Hogan, Bischoff, and the other ones not nailed down showed up, it lost its luster for me.  I felt like I was watching another WWE program instead of TNA.

Board footer