Ben Kerin
Director of WNS
Website
Facebook Twitter Instagram
XMPP:
XMPP XMPP
()

Memories of the early days of TNA

The first-ever TNA show took place 19 years recently.

Impact wrote on Twitter, “The first-ever TNA show took place 19 years ago today. We are forever grateful for any support you’ve given us through the years — whether you’ve watched one show or been with us for all 19 years. Thank you.”

The first show featured the likes of AJ Styles, Jerry Lynn, Low Ki, Ken Shamrock, Jeff Jarrett, Scott Hall, Norman Smiley, Buff Bagwell, and more. Ken Shamrock defeated Malice to win the vacant NWA World Heavyweight Championship in the main event.

What do you remember about those early days of TNA, what do you miss and can you believe its been almost 20 years!

Check out the tweet here:

?

#2 2021-06-21 14:26:18

Y2JFanatic

Re: Memories of the early days of TNA

I used to watch TNA all the time when Sting, Bischoff, Hogan, Flair, Kurt Angle and all those guys were working for the company. I remember the Joker Sting days which was cool stuff.

#3 2021-06-21 16:42:45

HC13 Aries Styles

Was just watching TNAs 1 year anniversary show which had AJ Styles and Sean Waltman vs Jeff Jarrett and Sting  which is on Impacts youtube channel....   If I didn't order the PPV I'd look for uploads  people would post on  Youtube of matches back in the day...   Really think TNA created so many new stars- AJ Styles, Bobby Roode, Eric Young,  James Storm, Chris Sabin, Low Ki, and etc...

#4 2021-07-07 05:54:28

WrestlingExpert

I loved TNA for their first four years or so, from 2002-2006. They really felt like a mixture of WCW, ECW, as well as their own unique flavor mixed in as well. The matches were good. The storylines were usually kept fairly simple, but not necessarily bland. They had a lot of great talents come-and-go on their roster, but the roster was usually a pretty amazing roster. Then it seemed like things started to go downhill around 2007, and they lost that magic that they once had. But for that first four years, I truly wanted to see TNA give WWE a run for their money.

Board footer