You are not logged in.

#1 2021-10-09 08:27:29

Y2JFanatic

Why do people keep claiming there's no war between the two???

It's becoming more and more obvious that "WWE vs. AEW" are at war with each other. It's becoming more obvious and clear right here. I guess the gloves are off for Tony Khan. War against WWE official?

https://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/new … beat-your/

I'd like to see those "there's no war" crowd try and dispute this one. Go ahead.

#2 2021-10-09 08:48:03

RyanP

Re: Why do people keep claiming there's no war between the two???

Y2JFanatic wrote:

It's becoming more and more obvious that "WWE vs. AEW" are at war with each other. It's becoming more obvious and clear right here. I guess the gloves are off for Tony Khan. War against WWE official?

https://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/new … beat-your/

I'd like to see those "there's no war" crowd try and dispute this one. Go ahead.

There’s only a few people who try to make this a “war.” Tony Khan, wrestling dirtsheets and AEW Marks. I mean look at this site for example when AEW was going head to head with NXT they legit posted the ratings under a Wednesday night war headline. I’m not saying that’s a bad thing but it shows that wrestling sites push the war narrative just as much as Khan and his top guys do and that all leads to AEW Marks trying to call it a war. Bottom line is until AEW goes head to head with one of WWE’s main shows then it’s not a war. WCW vs WWE didn’t happen until WCW put Nitro on Monday’s against Raw so in my opinion that same logic can and should be applied to this whole WWE vs AEW “war”. Fans should enjoy the product they like and stop making it us vs them.

#3 2021-10-09 12:08:46

Tommy

It's real simple, because they're not on the same night and time slot. You can't call it a war unless they went head to head like Raw and Nitro did.

Just like comparing the demo number is dumb. One is on Monday the other is on Wednesday. Two completely different nights when it comes to TV programming. That number is meaningless unless they went head to head which AEW will not do. The whole "war" thing comes from AEW and it's "fans".

#4 2021-10-09 13:45:52

Brer Anansi

It's been twenty years since WCW folded. It's a different time from the NWA days, despite what Jim Cornette preaches out of one side of his mouth. What I'm saying is, I think Khan's logic is that he needs to match/beat WWE ratings just to escape their shadow.

#5 2021-10-12 14:56:36

Majin Tween
Administrator
Website
XMPP:
raccoon@wrestlr.me XMPP XMPP
(offline)

RyanP wrote:

I mean look at this site for example when AEW was going head to head with NXT they legit posted the ratings under a Wednesday night war headline. I’m not saying that’s a bad thing but it shows that wrestling sites push the war narrative just as much as Khan and his top guys do and that all leads to AEW Marks trying to call it a war.

Competition is a good thing. Just because you're loyal to one side doesn't mean there shouldn't be competition. It gets fans excited, it pushes both companies to put out better products. I don't understand why you're implying there isn't a competition when both companies have been responding to the other both on television and in decisions they've made towards their companies.

Stating there's "no competition" is denial.

#6 2021-10-12 17:47:01

RyanP

Majin Tween wrote:
RyanP wrote:

I mean look at this site for example when AEW was going head to head with NXT they legit posted the ratings under a Wednesday night war headline. I’m not saying that’s a bad thing but it shows that wrestling sites push the war narrative just as much as Khan and his top guys do and that all leads to AEW Marks trying to call it a war.

Competition is a good thing. Just because you're loyal to one side doesn't mean there shouldn't be competition. It gets fans excited, it pushes both companies to put out better products. I don't understand why you're implying there isn't a competition when both companies have been responding to the other both on television and in decisions they've made towards their companies.

Stating there's "no competition" is denial.

Is it really competition/war if none of their shows are going head to head against WWE on Monday or Friday nights? That’s the big difference between the Monday night War and this (war/competition.) WCW put Nitro on Monday nights and went head to head with Raw. So again I ask if the shows aren’t going head to head on Monday’s or Friday’s is it really a war/competition?

#7 2021-10-13 12:02:44

Majin Tween
Administrator
Website
XMPP:
raccoon@wrestlr.me XMPP XMPP
(offline)

RyanP wrote:

Is it really competition/war if none of their shows are going head to head against WWE on Monday or Friday nights? That’s the big difference between the Monday night War and this (war/competition.) WCW put Nitro on Monday nights and went head to head with Raw. So again I ask if the shows aren’t going head to head on Monday’s or Friday’s is it really a war/competition?

AEW and WWE SmackDown are going head-to-head this Friday night, with SmackDown extending their show by a half hour to assure that they go into AEW's time slot. AEW and NXT were also on the same day until NXT got rescheduled.

#8 2021-10-13 17:44:50

RyanP

Majin Tween wrote:
RyanP wrote:

AEW and WWE SmackDown are going head-to-head this Friday night, with SmackDown extending their show by a half hour to assure that they go into AEW's time slot. AEW and NXT were also on the same day until NXT got rescheduled.

I don’t think the extra half hour of SD was put in place just to go against AEW. SD is on FS1 this week do to MLB playoffs and since their ratings tend to dip down when they’re on FS1 then logically it makes since to add that extra half hour and make it a special of sorts to try to entice people to tune into FS1 for SD. Could AEW be A factor? Yes but I don’t think it’s the main reason. As far as NXT vs AEW goes it’s quite simple. AEW was going against WWE’s C show at least in terms of viewership numbers. As a fan of NXT I wasn’t really expecting them to do better in the ratings than AEW. Now they are on separate nights which is good for everyone. Let me ask you this. How do you think AEW would do in terms of viewership if they moved Dynamite to Monday against Raw and Rampage into the same hours as SD on Friday nights?

Board footer