You are not logged in.

#1 2021-11-17 19:45:20

Y2JFanatic

NXT UK Takeover, will it ever return???

So far the NXT UK Brand only had 3 "NXT UK Takeover" ppvs on their brand. They were gonna have their 4th ppv, "NXT UK: Dublin" earlier this year but it got cancelled 'cause of the pandemic, of course. As you all know, the United Kingdom is very strict over this whole covid thing and they still are which is why "NXT Uk Takeover" still hasn't returned yet.

It's almost at the end of the year and there probably won't be a UK Takeover ppv at all this year so I would definitely think they will return to do their big ppvs next year in 2022. It needs to happen soon, I hope sometime in January/Feb. It would be nice if the current champions Ilja Dragunov and Meiko Satomura can defend their titles in big main events.

NXT UK is still stuck at a smaller venue with small crowds 'cause of pandemic. I still watch the NXT UK, it's still a better show than the main roster and the regular NXT brand.

It be nice if the NXT UK Takeover returns 'cause their first three shows were something else.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Y2JFanatic (2021-11-17 19:45:53)

#2 2021-11-19 18:57:24

Enziguri

Re: NXT UK Takeover, will it ever return???

The only reason NXT UK is still even a thing is because it gives WWE the monopoly and control over the UK wrestling scene. I don't think WWE are in a rush to put any kind of investment into the brand. The UK doesn't have any particularly strict COVID rules right now that would prevent NXT UK from going back on the road. They're just filming it out of one location at BT Sports studios because its cheaper. We may get a TakeOver style event at some point, but I wouldn't expect it to be anywhere near the scale of previous NXT UK Takeovers.

#3 2021-11-19 20:54:27

Y2JFanatic

Re: NXT UK Takeover, will it ever return???

Enziguri wrote:

The only reason NXT UK is still even a thing is because it gives WWE the monopoly and control over the UK wrestling scene. I don't think WWE are in a rush to put any kind of investment into the brand. The UK doesn't have any particularly strict COVID rules right now that would prevent NXT UK from going back on the road. They're just filming it out of one location at BT Sports studios because its cheaper. We may get a TakeOver style event at some point, but I wouldn't expect it to be anywhere near the scale of previous NXT UK Takeovers.

You're right, dude. With Vince and Bruce taking control of everything, NXT UK Takeover won't be as good anymore.

Board footer