You are not logged in.

#1 2021-12-10 13:07:37

CamelToeClutch

WWE Releases Johnny Gargano and Jeff Hardy

WWE is going through employees faster than WM tickets, and it's a matter of time before the Titanic finally sinks.

First off, Jeff Hardy. Legend. Future Hall of Famer (maybe not in WWE considering the circumstances of his recent release). A pop culture icon. A household name. Jeff has done more for wrestling in the last 30 years than WWE has in the last 6 months. Wherever he goes from here, we wish nothing but the best for him. I'm not gonna speculate on Jeff's health or personal issues because it's not my place to do so, but I do hope he gets the help he needs. At the end of the day, the man's happiness, health and well-being are more important than wrestling.

Next, Johnny Gargano. THANK F**K HE'S GONE. His performances were mediocre at best. Reminds me of a Walmart Great Value brand version of Christian Cage bobwhining for 'one more match'. If he goes to AEW, cool, but he needs to lose the weak NXT gimmick and come up with something more contemporary and up-to-date, and maybe take some time to actually wrestle. That WWE stuff is not wrestling anymore, it's just a really really bad episode of American Gladiators.

#2 2021-12-10 14:59:52

RyanP

Re: WWE Releases Johnny Gargano and Jeff Hardy

Technically Johnny Gargano wasn’t released his contract expired and there’s a possibility after his kid is born that he could be back in WWE and considering his wife is still under contract with WWE it seems even more likely at least in my opinion that he will re-sign with WWE.

#3 2021-12-10 15:29:35

Y2JFanatic

Jeff Hardy had it coming. He's back on the drugs again. Walk out in the middle of a match? Unprofessional! Well deserved.

#4 2021-12-10 16:17:05

Enziguri

You praise the drug addict who has been given countless opportunities to make a good living by WWE and thrown all of those opportunities back in WWE's face. He's repeatedly let down the WWE and let down his fans but fans just blindly forgive him just because "he's Jeff Hardy".

And you badmouth and insult the young dedicated athlete who has put his heart and soul into NXT for the last 6 years and worked his ass off to not only help train other wrestlers, but also to be one of the cornerstones of NXT and put on some of the best matches in NXT history, all whilst being handed absolutely nothing from Vince McMahon and having to fight for everything he's achieved.

#5 2021-12-10 17:20:26

Y2JFanatic

WWE will fire someone doesn't matter what their status are, legend or not. I mean, they fired Hulk Hogan when all that Gawker stuff was going on. Legend or not, they do what's right for business.

#6 2021-12-10 20:12:44

ilyem

I personally think Jeff needs to be done with wrestling as a whole in order for him to get better. The wrestling world isn’t the easiest place to get sober and stay sober and his resolve doesn’t seem to be very strong. So I just think in order for him to get sober he’s gotta stop wrestling, because what comes with wrestling, especially at his age is injuries and injuries lead to pain meds and then repeat. Overall I hope he gets the help he needs and if anything gets sober for his kid so he’s around for them.

As for Johnny, he wasn’t released, as of right now he’s chosen not to re-sign. If what’s being reported that he’d be staying in NXT with no real change and being the guy putting over younger talent when you feel you have a lot left to offer, I’d explore my options too. He opened his pro wrestling tees shop again so he can still sell his merch. He could really end up anywhere, I know Candice is still signed but wouldn’t be the first time a husband and wife worked for two different companies. We shall see with him though, I don’t think we’ll really know anything until after his baby is born anyways.

#7 2021-12-13 12:51:30

Shadow409

Y2JFanatic wrote:

Jeff Hardy had it coming. He's back on the drugs again. Walk out in the middle of a match? Unprofessional! Well deserved.

Do you have ANY evidence to support that claim? Any at all? It's been highly speculated, but nothing has been confirmed to my knowledge. I agree that what he did was completely unprofessional, but to assume it was drugs or alcohol is absurd. We have no idea what happened leading to that moment, and until Jeff Hardy speaks on it, or someone extremely (no pun intended) close to him speaks on it we have no idea what really happened.

Last edited by Shadow409 (2021-12-13 12:54:03)

Board footer